CNN host Larry King’s wife Shawn Southwick was rushed to the hospital on May 29th after she reportedly overdosed on pills. Her father, Karl Engemann, called 911 saying that his daughter was unconscious and he was unable to wake her up.
“I can’t wake her up,” Shawn’s father Karl Engemann told a 911 operator on May 28 when he found his daughter unresponsive at her Provo, Utah home. “She may have overmedicated.”
Engemann said he yelled in her face but she was unresponsive. It’s unclear what medication Southwick may have overdosed on, but her family says she takes drugs for anxiety and depression. When asked if it could be a suicide attempt, he strongly denies the possibility.
“No, no. No, it wouldn’t be suicidal. I don’t think she did it on purpose. Last night she seemed confused about what she had taken, the last time she had taken it.”
In 2008, Southwick checked into rehab after becoming addicted to prescription medication she was taking for migraines. Southwick and King are in the middle of trying to save their 12-year marriage after they both filed for divorce in April citing “irreconcilable differences.” So far, divorce proceedings appear to be on hold.
Of course it was an accident. Who hasn’t accidentally taken 50 pills at one time? It happens to all of us.
[Keep Clicking Thumbnails for a Larger Image]
Images Via: WENN.com